I am always conscious that we don’t eat enough oily fish so when fish was on the shopping list I chosed to buy some that I remember tasting terrible when I was a child! I had a look at the prices and was really surprised to see how much cheaper things like kippers were compared to salmon and tuna.
So, what to do with it?! I had a quick look on the internet for some inspiration and thought scrambled eggs seemed quite easy – and it was! And I have to say, this was one of the tastiest fish meals I’ve ever had!
1 tbsp olive oil
1 red onion, chopped
2 smoked kipper fillets, chopped
Ground black pepper
What to do:
- Heat the oil in a medium sized pan
- Add the onion and cook on a low heat until softened
- Add the kippers and cook for 3-4 minutes
- Break the eggs straight into the pan and keep stirring until set
- Season to taste (it really doesn’t need salt so I just added a little pepper)
- Served with toast
- This is such a versatile dish and can be had for breakfast, lunch or dinner, just adjust the quantities according to your meal sizes
- If you’re not keen on onions for breakfast, or want to speed up the process, either just miss this part out or try it with mushroom
Let me know if you love this as much as I did!