Poached is my favourite way to enjoy eggs but the yolk absolutely has to be runny! I have used egg poachers in the past but not only does it take forever to clean afterwards, the eggs look a little too perfect – yes I know that sounds weird! I have also tried the method of breaking the eggs into a large saucepan of water but I find it quite tricky to keep the water moving without bashing the eggs into each other.
So I tried using a different method! This recipe serves one person for a breakfast or lunch.
1 slice wholegrain bread
Water (the amount depends on your pan size)
What you need to do:
- Put 1.5cm depth water in a pan and bring to the boil
- Toast the bread
- Carefully break the eggs into the pan and bring back to the boil quickly
- Let the eggs boil so the water covers the yolk and leave for 30 seconds
- Serve on the toast with some ground black pepper
- The more shallow the pan (deep frying pan) the easier and safer it is to break the eggs
- Runny yolks are not recommended during pregnancy so leave the eggs to cook a little longer or try some scrambled eggs